Please also visit my website: http://www.sjwoodturn.weebly.com/. In the future there will be items there to purchase, or if you have a specific request, please feel free to contact me.




Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Couple More

Last weekend I spent some time preparing and turning a few more ornaments. Here are two that I was able to finish.



This ormament is made from hickory. I had some issues glueing up the blanks so that everything matched up because they were not all exactly square, so the diamond does not match up exactly. Not bad looking none the less. My wife really likes this one.

This ornament is my favorite one I have made so far. The wood is Ipe, which looks a lot like walnut. The design came out quite well, and the blanks matched up quite well, better than the one above.

3 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

They are all looking great! Your tree will be covered with them this year!

Kristy Skoy said...

Kaitlyn wanted you to know she loves the 2nd one and she misses you.

sjwoodturn said...

Tell Kaitlyn thank you and that I miss her too!!!